Saturday, October 21, 2017

Prepping the house for LF's return.

Well, it's official.  Little Fox sent me a text (yes, he texts) and he is on his way back home. I am so excited that my friend is coming back.  The humans said that I better vacuum the carpet for Little Fox's arrival.  I don't know, this seems like a trick from the humans to get me to vacuum.
I have started to learn how to supervise better. See, I have decided to tell the humans they need to do chores like vacuuming and I will point out things to vacuum.  Aren't I helpful?
Humans, clean this up. 
I know what Little Fox would really like when he gets back.  That's right, fresh chocolate chip cookies.  I have all the ingredients: flour, chippos, butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
These cookies ought to cook up well. 
Ah, fresh cookies out of the oven.  It would be perfect if LF came home right now.  You know, fresh cookies, that freshly baked cookie smell, and a clean house. 
Now, I just need to supervise my humans to clean these dishes. 
Little Fox, were ready for you to come back.


7 comments:

  1. Hey, I thought all you could make was PB & J sandwiches. Have you been holding out on us? :)

    Excited for the Return of Little Fox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Droopy,
      Good question. I really only know how to make PB and J sandwiches but being that Little Fox coming back is a special occasion I decided to step up my game a little and try a new recipe.

      Delete
  2. LF!!! We want LF! We want LF!... er... not that you haven't been doing an amazing, awesome job Drunk Fox.. it's just... we miss our little buddy! Can't wait to hear about his adventures... Do you rent out your housecleaning supervisory services? Other stuffies are struggling with their humans too you know. You could write a Dear Abby style of column for desperate stuffies everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two secrets to getting the humans to do work. I realized it when the humans tricked me into making coffee for them. What I did after I realized it was a trick is make really bad, weak, and tasteless coffee. Once the humans had a sip of that they relieved me of that duty.

      The other trick is just as passive aggressive. When they ask me to do something like vacuum I just "stuff up", stare at them, don't move and eventually they give in to doing the work. Us stuffies can go into statue mode if we need to. Works almost every time.

      I too am glad for LF coming back. This blogging thing is hard.

      Delete
  3. Shouldn't you have a taste tester, just to make sure that those cookies are good enough? Jerry kindly volunteers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. Does Jerry have any food allergies?

      Delete
  4. You will get better at supervising! It just takes practice.

    ReplyDelete