Sunday, October 29, 2017

I'm back.

Little Fox here and I am back home.  Drunk Fox did a great job but t's good to be back blogging.  

Some of you might remember that I left in July to find myself and on my soul searching journey I took some different modes of transportation than I am used to. 

I started with a plane ride in a propeller plane down to California.

Whose flying? 
Then I headed up to Washington State to travel by ferry. 
When you travel by ferry you often wait.
And Wait. 

After taking the ferry and eating a modest meal on the boat my money ran out.  Before I got off the ferry I talked to a deckhand to see if I could earn some extra money.  He said that if I unloaded the cars I could earn enough for bus fare to downtown Seattle.
"Hey pal, can I earn a few bucks?"
Turns out I am pretty efficient at unloading cars from a ferry.  Just proves my point, when you put a stuffy in charge you get stuff done. 
Now with some money back in my pocket I decided I need to take the bus to downtown Seattle.  At the docks I met a nefarious person and he said that he could book me on a freighter to Portland. 
I have a feeling I might be working on this boat.

The freighter I took was pretty good to me.  They dropped me off in Astoria, Oregon with a sack lunch, some money in my wallet and a voucher for a free piece of pie at the local restaurant.
There goes my boat.  Oh, off to the left if the restaurant with the free pie. 
Still not home yet. As luck would have it I found a small boat that could take me to Portland.  Now, in the boat business nothing happens for free so  I spoke to the captain and explained at how good of a supervisor I was and I was hired on the spot.  Now all I need to do is wait till we depart.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like the beginning of a great adventure! Glad to have you back, LF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's good to be back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, LF! Now, will you write a smashing novel like On the Road or something similar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! You're home!! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. P.S. Did you actually find yourself? I agree with Ajdin - you could write a book "The Zen of Freighter Travel"

    ReplyDelete