Saturday, September 30, 2017

Blog World....meet Lightning

Unnamed Sea Otter:  Hurry Drunk Fox, we need to get this post up ASAP.
Drunk Fox: I'm working as fast as my paws will let me.

Unnamed Sea Otter: We need to get this post up by today, September 30th.
Drunk Fox: I know, I know.
Unnamed Sea Otter: Today is Sea Otter Awareness Day.  You know, it's the capstone event of Sea Otter Awareness week.  Did you know that Sea Otters were hunted into near extinction for their furs from 1741 to  1911 when hunting our fur was banned.  The recovery of the sea otter is one of the most successful marine conservation efforts in the world.
Drunk Fox: Yes, yes, I know Otter.......I read Wikipedia too.


Unnamed Sea Otter:  Now, let's get down to business.  In honor of this day I have decided to tell the world my new name.
Drunk Fox: Um, OK.  Let me get Reindeer for this ceremonious event. 
Unnamed Sea Otter:  Yes, good idea.  Get ready for it.  Drumroll please......my new name is Lightning the Sea Otter or Lightning for short.  Thank you for all of Little Fox's stuffy friends for helping me decide a name and I appreciate your suggestions.

Drunk Fox: Whew, good thing we announced your new name today on Sea Otter Day.
Lightning:  Thanks Drunk Fox.  You have been a great helper today.
Drunk Fox: Anytime Unnamed Sea Ott.....oh I mean Lightning.




7 comments: